Water Changes Everything Sponsorship – $250 – Large Photo
This exhibition opens on July 19, 2019, and explores how the people and development of Long Beach have always been at the mercy of water in every direction. In creating exhibitions, we seek to present the city’s history through a variety of media — images, maps, documents, objects, and narrative — which gives our visitors a deeper understanding of the people, events, and issues that have shaped the Long Beach community we share.
Exhibition topics include:
- Early water sources, and local topography before 1900;
- “Whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting” era;
- Tourism, breakwaters, and the shoreline;
- Water supply and water rights;
- Population boom and meeting the demand for water;
- Harnessing the rivers;
- Floods, hurricanes, and king tides;
- Climate change, drought, and sea level rise.